Saturday, July 7, 2007

I'm heeere!

Honey, I'm home! *drops battered luggage just inside the door*

Ah, it feels good to be back in business with my esteemed colleague and fellow time-traveller, HJ1. Uh, and by "time-traveller" I mean "ordinary civilian". Yes, together we will navigate the labyrinthine network of tubes that is the internets, ferreting out elusive nuggets of interweb gold like the rabid nugget-seeking ferrets we are.

Feel free to discourse on the Transformers movie, little buddy. Don't feel as though you need to protect me from spoilers. I'm sure everyone dies at the end, like in all summer blockbusters. It'll be a while before I see it because that baby is currently in line behind about four other movies that I want to see, not the least of which is Bruce's latest testosterone-fueled romp. (The Mac guy! In an action movie! What, I'm shallow, so sue me.) Movies recently checked off the list: Ratatouille (adorably fuzzy), Ocean's Thirteen (adorable, in a non-fuzzy way), and Paris Je T'Aime (delightfully charming).

Yessir, there are dozens of great movies playing out there right now. But some are more rewarding than others. For example, the startling Titanic sequel coming out this summer, or the touching director's cut of Rocky III, or the ass-kicking new Seagal/Governator action-comedy.

Or you could just stay home and play African Safari on your Commodore 64.

No comments: